Monday, April 23, 2007

Makeup Artist Logo


This logo was created for a makeup artist. This industry is lively, funky and edgy, so I wanted the logo to reflect the personality of this business. I first chose to use my sister’s name because she actually is a hairdresser and makeup artist. She is also very funky and edgy so the logo represents her perfectly. I created this image in Adobe Illustrator. I started with a photo kissed lipstick on a piece of paper. I used the like trace tool to create an illustration of the lips. I duplicated the lips and used black and hot pink. The hot pink represents lively and the black represents edgy. After I had the colors set I added her name. I used a font that looked similar to her handwriting. Then to finish the logo I drew two lines underneath her name in the same colors. I wanted the lines to look like smudge makeup or lipstick lines. Overall the logo fits her personality and the industry’s.



For the business card, I didn’t want it to be traditional which is why I made it vertical. The front is the logo, job title and addresses. The back is just her website. I wanted to keep the theme consistent so I used similar lines as I did in the logo. Again, I wanted it to appear as if someone drew lines with lipstick.



I kept the same trendy feel. The top and bottom have the same lines and the same colors used for the other pieces; the theme is consistent. I placed the logo in the middle of the page but made the transparency very low. I think the letterhead stands out from most others.




The envelop is the simplest piece. The front just has the logo, name and return address. The back flap is the same hot pink color with a black smudge. I added just the website; I felt that was enough information. I think this envelop would definitely stand out in the mail.

No comments: