Wednesday, May 2, 2007

TV Guide Cover



This is a magazine cover that I created for TV guide. It was a class project. The assignment was to create a TVguide cover for any popular TV show. First I redesigned the TV guide logo because I felt it is rather boring. However, I didn't want to lose the brand's personality so I kept the same colors and similar shapes. I felt the two rectangles and the typography gave it more dynamics than the original logo. The entire cover is focused around the show Desperate Housewives. I discovered this photo and felt it was perfect for my theme. The cover is meant to portray all the murder and mystery that occur on this show. This piece was created in Photoshop. I used typography to play up the photo more. Also I added a blood spot on the washing machine to further represent murder. Overall the the cover contains the whole persona of the show.

No comments: