Monday, April 23, 2007

Martini Bar Menu


This piece was created for a martini bar. I pictured a small bar in a metropolitan area such as Center City, Philadelphia. The bar would be a classy, sophisticated place with an artistic feel. I wanted to create a menu that looked like a piece of artwork so it would fit with the bar's persona. The menu was created in Adobe illustrator and Photoshop. The martini glasses were first created in Photoshop. I started with the top half of one martini glass. I then morphed two glasses together. After having four glasses total I altered the colors. I wanted this image to be colorful and fun. After the image was created, I placed it in illustrator and then used the live trace tool to change the photo into an illustration. The rest of the menu was finished in illustrator. The border was meant to feel like an abstract painting. I used different colors, the line tool and a distort effect to create the border. I wanted the title of the bar to be bold, vibrant and fun. Overall the menu is artistic, stylish, and lively which fits perfectly for a classy martini bar.

No comments: